Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things I learned while packing

You discover the strangest things while sorting through every single thing you own and putting them in boxes.

1) My clothing is boring. It is all black and brown, and I own 10 different colors of the same t-shirt. I should work on this. Noted.

2) I have a subconscious need for Lipton's Onion Soup mix. Either that, or there are gremlins in my kitchen that hide it and cause me to buy more. I can't think of any other earthly reason that there should be six boxes of the stuff in my kitchen.

3) It is impossible to put all the candleholders in the same box, and I should stop trying. More are guaranteed to appear as soon as I tape the box closed. I have a very hard time accepting this.

4) There is no way that two people need all this stuff. It feels really good to get rid of most of it. I will be forever amazed by the power of free stuff on the curb in Seattle...you can get rid of anything that way, usually in less than 5 minutes. Except, apparently, for a 20 lb. behemoth of a monitor. Sorry, Branden. I know it's a nice monitor.

5) Cats are thrilled by boxes full of packing paper. Jumping in and out of the box while you're trying to use it can keep them amused for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment